So you’ve decided to start a NaijaFund crowdfunding page. Great! But where do you start? How do you ensure that people will donate to your page? We’re going to break down some of the best ways to ensure you have a great experience using NaijaFund:
- Share crowdfunding page with Friends and Family on Facebook and Whats app
If you’re raising money for something that you strongly believe in, chances are that the people in your life will be eager to support you.
Sharing on Facebook is the absolute best way to reach out to those closest to you, and let them know what or who you are raising money for. Your friends and family will be the ones most willing to contribute, and also will be more likely to share your crowdfunding page with others.
• Ask your friends and family to “Like” and share your crowdfunding page on Facebook as well!
• If you do not have a Facebook account, consider asking a close friend or relative who does to administer your page. Sharing your page on Facebook increases donations by 350%. It really is THAT important.
• Be sure to add a personalized message when you share, explaining why your cause means so much to you – a simple, direct, and heartfelt appeal will get you the most views.
- Share your crowdfunding campaign link in email and other social networks
After sharing your crowdfunding campaign on Facebook, Whats app, twitter etc., you’ll want to spread the word to any other social networks and communities that you are a part of. Your reach best indicates the strength of your network and ultimately the success of your page.
Every NaijaFund campaign is given a unique link that’s easy to share with others. You can even customize this link so it’s easy to remember.
- How does my crowdfunding page look?
Good question! Here are the tried and true elements that make up a successful NaijaFund crowdfunding page:
• Use a great photo. This is your shot at a first impression and it should create a strong reaction, like “Wow!” or “Awe!” or “I need to know more about this…” Try to use photos of the people whenever possible. They get stronger reactions, than a graphic or some text. Also try to avoid blurry or low quality images.
• Write a catchy and descriptive title. Which title sounds better?
I need money!
Ekanem’s Medical Mission Fund
• Your crowdfunding Page Summary will fill in the details and answer any questions donors and visitors may have. The best page summaries include an introduction of yourself, a brief explanation of what you’re raising money for, and why the cause is important to you.
- Update your donors
Donors and followers love to know how their donations are working for you. Keep your story fresh and interesting by posting frequent ‘Update Messages’ to your page. Make sure that you check those boxes to also post your update to Facebook, Twitter, & Email.
- Show your appreciation
Thank your donors! They’re spending their hard earned money to help you do something that is special and important to you. We’ve made it simple to make sure that you have no excuse for doing the easy and necessary stuff. Click link for safety tips on crowdfunding.