Working towards becoming an entrepreneur in Nigeria is really a difficult task like they say, but I have decided to dread this general believe by developing an innovation called TREK. What is TREK? Trek is an inter state electronic motor park, which cut across the entire nation and where passengers and drivers meet to commit to travel agreement/arrangement before meeting physically to exchange values. What I have been able to achieve so far include
Registration of business name titled thoughtfulthinker consultancy which powers the TREK innovation
Filing for tax identification number
Opening a business bank account (0472288303) GTB
Creating a befitting website(trek.com.ng)
Developing a user friendly mobile application for all android phone users and web application for all other users.
The project is set to lunch and all that is required/needed is funding for massive online marketing which is why I am soliciting for grant from my friends and well wishers in making this project a success.
Kindly watch a video demonstration on how trek works.
You can also visit trek.com.ng to learn more. Also find below the breakdown of the marketing expenses.
BRINGING TREK TO THE KNOWLEDGE OF USERS.
TARGET AUDIENCE: The trek management team as identified students of tertiary institution in Nigeria as it preferred target audience. Since majority of internet users in Nigeria are students (teenagers and youth) and according to https://www.statista.com/statistics/183849/internet-users-nigeria/ seventy five percent (75%) of users are on social media, trek would like to leverage on social media to reach the target market. Highlighted below are list of the marketing promotional strategy trek would like to embark on in achieving the three month sale target.
• Shooting two short promotional video of 30 seconds to 1min = 200,000 naira. The first is to be an instructional video that teaches user how to use mobile application while the second video is to be a promotional video to boost mobile application popularity.
• The trek management team as budgeted 5000 views for video adverts on Instagram. Cost of advertising on Instagram per thousand view is 6.70 dollars(2,800) at the rate of 400 naira per dollar. 2,800 × 5 = 14,000 naira
• Promotional videos would also be posted on Facebook and 5,000 views as been marked for Facebook. Cost of advertising on Facebook is 10 dollar per thousand view (4,000) at the rate of 400 naira per dollar. 4,000 × 5 = 20,000 naira.
• YouTube advert cost between .10 dollars to .30 dollars per view. Converted to naira at the rate of 400 naira per dollar is 40 naira – 120 naira per view. 1000 view as been budgeted which would cost 40,000 naira – 120,000 naira
• Advertising on twitter is a little bit complex, I would just have to do a rough budget of how much I won’t be exceeding which is 100,000 naira.
• Giving 100 to 500 new users 1000 naira worth of free ride each on the commercial service platform which is = 100,000 – 500,000 naira. This strategy is to encourage/seduce user into testing the platform. Trek believes a trial would convince users.
• Running a referrer promo. Each VIP passenger referred attracts 500 naira while each commercial passenger referred attracts 50 naira. The referrer bonus would be earn after passenger must have taken his or her first trip. Referrer bonus is paid after money is made so money made would be use to pay these bonuses.
• All VIP passenger gets 10℅ discount on all trips taken within the first three month of operation. This means trek would not earn commission for all VIP trips within the first three month of operation. This promotion would be sorted out with trek’s commission.
• Different Facebook pages, Instagram pages, twitter pages and WhatsApp group related to target audience has been identified for daily promotional post. This task would be assigned to a member of my family and friend that believes in my idea to execute.
I hope you find this project Interesting enough to want to support financially. Thank you